Sunday, November 21, 2010

James Taylor in the moonlight

Life can be overwhelmingly busy. Life can be tough.
But, days like this, oh they make everything so worth it.


We celebrated little B's first birthday and gathered with family and new friends. We ate the most adorable cupcakes and sang happy birthday. We laughed and laughed and enjoyed each other's company.




After the party, we ate a small town outdoor diner, under Christmas lights, while listening to a grammy-award nominee play us Beatles, Billy Joel, and James Taylor on the piano. His sweet wife joined my family for dinner. I couldn't help look around and feel like I was in a perfect scene, something straight out of the ultimate "feel-good" movie. I wished I could record the laughter and the stories. "This is what heaven will be like," I thought. These are the moments that make life oh so sweet.

2 comments:

  1. what a great birthday party!! the cupcakes look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday party! The birthday girl is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete