Friday, November 12, 2010

facebook says that the 5K is tomorrow

Under my events section on Facebook, it says that Pound the Pavement for Parenthood is tomorrow! It's hard to believe, as sometimes the road to this 5K has been so long and yet, we've only had a month of planning. What others stamped as impossible, has been done. Perhaps it might seem amateur to some, perhaps some don't understand why, but I am so proud of it.

It has been an honor to be involved and to see the Lord's hand in every step of the way. I tell you, he cares about each and every one of us and even in the small aspects of our lives.

..and my goodness, have I seen him work through people I am associated with and people who I am not. Even perfect strangers to me.

This journey has left me often emotional. Nearly every time I log on to Facebook, in fact. I am so touched when someone writes me a message offering to help, or when they post the event on their status. Yes, that one gets me every time and my eyes fill with grateful tears.

I can't thank you enough.

.. for supporting my good friends, Allen and Jill.
.. for supporting me.

..and for showing me the Lord's graciousness work through you.

I hope to see you there. It will be a day of goodness and fun. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow and I wish that I could be there in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled! Can't wait to see it all come together. :)

    ReplyDelete