Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

 I didn’t take a single picture on Thanksgiving. Well, besides this one:


(This is Jared’s extended family with many people missing. Can you believe that? I can’t! I have 5 cousins, total.) This was our first stop on Thursday. After we ate and nearly everyone left, we played basketball as a family.. Me, Jared, and Jared’s dad played as a team against Jared’s sister, Jessica and her husband, Ryan. Jared is an amazing basketball player however, with me on the team.. we lost. They were so nice about my basketball ”skills” and I even earned us 4 points! ;) I haven’t played basketball in about 10 years but, it was a lot of fun!

We drove to my parents house and had dinner with them and the Hintons. Austin brought along his new girlfriend, Brittnee, and we all played games. Brittnee killed us at Last Word (beginners luck..) and Deanne, Jeremy, and I won everyone at Cranium. Games are my favorite tradition with my family.

On the way home, Jared and I decided last minute to go check out Walmart during their HUGE THANKSGIVING SALE. It was a madhouse. We mainly just people watched and couldn’t believe the crowds. Very entertaining.

On Friday, we slept in and lounged until we went up to Park City to take pictures for my Aunt and her family. I hadn’t seen some of them in 10 years so it was so great to see them. I am usually not fan of indoor photos but the wind was terrible and we had no choice. However, it worked out that we were able to find a beautiful location for the pictures and I really like how it turned out. Love them. They are all such great examples to me.


The rest of the day was spent eating Café Rio, shopping, shopping, and more shopping. Jared was spoiled at Abercrombie and Fitch and he insisted that I buy at least something so, I got a couple shirts too. He’s the shopper in our family and personally, I could care less about what name brand I’m wearing but, maybe it’s a good thing I have him around. Let's face it, I'm not incredibly fashionable.. But, I’m working on it. On Saturday, we just didn’t have enough Park City so, we went back! (Truthfully, Jared needed to exchange his jacket for a different size) This time we went Christmas shopping and got most of it done. I ate delicious Mac & Cheese from a Pub on Park Avenue and then we got Mrs. Field cookies and hot chocolate for the drive home. It was such an incredible day and a weekend with Jared is just what I needed.

After church on Sunday evening, and a visit to both of our families, we decorated our house for Christmas while watching the Grinch. When we were all done at 11:30, we sat on the couch and just admired our tree. I'm so happy the holidays are here..



1 comment: