Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Attitude Adjustment..

You may have read in my last post that I have quit my job of 3 ½ years and found myself a new one! I had been looking for a while so, when the opportunity came a long, I was thrilled. I had forgotten how leaving everything familiar and becoming the clueless newbie wasn’t as glamorous and I had thought. (Weird.) Yes, starting a new job is hard. Change is hard. However, a month later, I’m grateful that the Lord blessed me with this opportunity with a fantastic company, with better pay, and more respect. But...One downfall.. No more 3 day weekends. I work on Fridays now and it has turned my world upside down (dramatic?). Okay, it’s not thaaattt bad but, a two day weekend is hardly a weekend! Am I right?! It’s crazy how fast it goes.. I’m not complaining because remember, I said I was grateful!!

Jared got a new schedule for the new year. I was so excited because, we had asked that he might get a day-shift so that we could spend our nights together instead of me staying up for him to get home and being half dead by the time he’s done with dinner. Yes, life was going to be great starting January 1st! When I got his text, I couldn’t wait to read the new schedule! As it turns out, the shift-bid gods were not on our side. He works the same hours, but now.. we have only one day off together, instead of two. Heartbreak. I shed a tear or two in the car and texted back positive thoughts. He wrote back that most others were even more unlucky than we were. So, I counted my shift bid blessings and I was grateful, kinda.

Truthfully, I am grateful for our jobs. I know so many long for work right now. Call me selfish or maybe even ungrateful.. but, I want to start being more honest on this blog because well, it’s mine! It’s my record of our life and I think that record should be the good and just a little bit of the bad. :).. and don't worry I’ll work on finding me an attitude change..

p.s. Stay tuned because I’m going to blog last week’s happy list to make up for this post! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah I love it when you "complain"! haha It's okay I hate two day weekends too. It's not enough time.
    Keep being positive, but I do love it when you tell us how you really feel once in a while ;) you're only human. haha LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete