Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Miracles


For the last few days: I've been thinking about miracles & the love of Heavenly Father.

I come across them everyday, really. Sometimes I just stare at the beautiful Utah mountains and think what a miracle they are.

I was reading pass journal entries, from a couple years ago.. reading about when my Aunt Deanne had her heart attack. (oh, it was so hard for us, our family.) So many little miracles amidst trial. So many angels.

I've been listening to a song called "No" by Cherie Call.

I've been reading two blogs written by women who have just lost their sweet husbands, and I can plainly see their faith and that the Lord is buoying them up as they grieve.

I saw this facebook status today: "Isn't it incredible how sometimes things just fall into place?"
& I knew exactly what she meant because, I think that to myself often.

and a few days ago, I told Heavenly Father in prayer that I know he is a God of miracles. I don't think I've ever felt the power of bearing testimony to the Lord in prayer. Bearing testimony of his power and infinite love and his plan for all of us, even if it's sometimes not easy.

(deep breath)
God listens to our prayers, he wants us to converse with him, and he loves us so much.
To learn more about my beliefs, please click here.

3 comments:

  1. wow sarah. i couldn't of said it better myself. how lucky i am to know you and jared, and be surrounded by your love and strong testimonies of the gospel. you guys have been such great examples to both me the travis. we are so lucky to know you, blessed actually. you guys are truly amazing.

    posts like these are divine(: mmmm... with your pictures too! you are so great sarah, so so so great.

    i believe the same as you. miracles are so great, wait till you have a kid growing inside of you.. then they grow up. i stand in awe every single day. life is so precious, and i can't go one day without seeing heavenly fathers hand throughout everything i do.

    love you and the mr(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Sarah. Beautifully said. I understand and believe completely.

    Recently do you know what I find "miraculous?"... how our Heavenly Father teaches us. I think it's a personal "love note" of sorts. When suddenly it's understood what His will for you, what He wants you to learn, and how He needs you to learn it (no matter how uncomfortable the learning process is) that's when I feel united with Him.

    It's at those times when I feel of His individual love for ME. Small miracles every day helps us feel of His love and makes us become who He wants us too. I love it. What a blessing to know and be able to recognize these small miracles that make life so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i came across your blog via a comment you left on cup of joe...and it looks like we know some of the same people...i know jill who left a comment above.
    anyway, love your post about miracles...i believe that everything is a miracle. it's a good way to look at life for me. thank you for this post. i miss my utah mountains...there's nothing like them.

    ReplyDelete