Wednesday, May 25, 2011

beautiful

From start to finish, this weekend was wonderful. 
I had guests over on Thursday night..




(their mommies were there too) We made Alfredo for dinner with Caesar salad. Then, I burnt the brownies! Heartbreaking, isn't it? So instead, we had Reeses and whipped cream for dessert while talking until the late hours. Bliss.

On Friday, I spent the morning being lazy with Jared. After he left for work, I chatted with ShayLee, who now lives in Italy.


Friday night, I went to Richard & Emily's beautiful wedding. I love weddings, especially when two people as wonderful as them are involved..




While we were eating Coldstone and admiring Emily's dress (which she designed herself, by the way) we met the Duchesnes..

This couple told us the story of how they met and fell in love and how this sweet man purposed to this sweet woman. When she was done telling the story, he looked at her and said, "That was such a fun time, I love you." Then he leaned over to give her a kiss. After that, they began to tell us that, though they have lead wonderful lives, it hasn't always been easy and that there have been many rough days. He said that despite the fact that he loves her so much, they are very different people and that it has taken a lot of work to be where they are today. She gave the advice to "choose each other" everyday. Choose each other, despite the hardships. I was uplifted talking to both of them and I'm grateful to have met them.

When the night was over, I talked in the car with Chelsie and Whitney for hours. It was wonderful and just like old times. It was the perfect night.
The next morning, we went to Ihop for breakfast and then went to Bridal Veil Falls. It was beautiful weather and I hope to go on little adventures like this every weekend.




Everything about this weekend was amazing and I'm grateful for weekends like that. So full of beautiful moments. I am grateful for the friends and family that Jared and I have been blessed with. Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. you kill me. every picture of you and jared screams romantic, how do you do it?

    perfect. always perfect.

    can you believe those babies? can't wait till there is a little tobler in the picture, i hope for a girl but wouldn't a boy look like such a stud with all those girls? ah.

    love you. love your blog. if you could post daily for me, you'd be my hero.

    ReplyDelete