Friday, January 14, 2011

Simplicity and Purpose

I love the feeling of a New Year! 2011 is exciting to me and I am motivated to make this a great year. A year of sacrifices and (hopefully) rewards. A year of living and little adventures.

I've decided that this year I will have my own theme. My 2011 theme is "Simplicity and Purpose". I want to get to the basics. I want to be in constant communication with the Lord by praying and reading the scriptures. I want him to guide my thoughts and actions. I want to be productive. I want everything I do to have purpose. I want to grow, learn, and serve. Mr. and I have big goals for this year. They are somewhat daunting but, if we try our hardest to succeed, you can't ask more of life. Life is good.

After watching one of our dear friends go through hardship, Jared and I have been left feeling grateful for one another as we try to help her through it the best way we can. We are, by no means, marriage experts. But, we love each other and we know how blessed we are to have each other.. A teammate and best friend who you can talk to at nights right before you fall asleep. One of my goals this year is to do something thoughtful for Jared everyday. To show him how grateful I am for him.
Some other goals:
-learn to be a better cook to make delicious dinners
-be a coupon-cutting, savvy, frugal wifey who budgets like a pro
-be a better friend, write more letters, make more phone calls..
-go on evening walks with Jared
-exercise at least four days a week
-eat less chocolate
-take more photos and videos
-spend time in silence

Here's to a wonderful year of 3 return missionaries, more babies, another 5K, vacations, Manti, frugal living, Summer nights, hiking, and whatever else is in store! :)

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to learn to coupon, too! I have been reading blogs and advice about it a lot lately. Some people save ridiculous amounts of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you inspire me.
    you've made me think a lot tonight.
    we really love you and jared. you guys are great. diamonds actually.

    and your blog, bah... i just love you.

    ReplyDelete