Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Random Song

I love this time of year and the magic of Christmas. I am trying not to be overwhelmed but, I could use more hours in the day. Luckily I am leaving work 4 hours early tomorrow to do some much needed Christmas shopping and package sending! (yes, I am worried that they wont make it to England and Korea on time.. Yes, I am a procrastinator..)

I look forward to the fun things planned for the rest of December. Last night we went to a Voice Male concert with 5 couples, 10 of our closest neighbors. :) Our friends. We are so blessed to have found a whole neighborhood of some pretty wonderful people. I love our home and I love where we live.

I have been missing Sister Richmond something fierce lately. I can't believe I haven't seen her in 14 months. I was reading my happy list from the week she left and about our one tearless hug goodbye. She told me not to cry so, I didn't (against all odds). She comes home in about 4 months.. four. I can't believe it. I'm beyond excited and for some reason, just a bit nervous. However.. Mostly, thrilled!

Speaking of missing people.. I miss my friends. I sometimes long for the days of doing nothing together. Hiking in the mountains, going out for pizza after working out to a silly work out video, having Office parties, sitting around talking.. This is for you, my group. My loves. You know who you are. Come to me now and let's have fun. (after Christmas of course because, this is a busy time for all, you know)

I've been thinking a lot about the new year that is knocking on our door.
2011, I am excited for you to be here.
I am ready to take on new and challenging goals. I am ready to grow and become better. I hope you will bring with you some wonderul life changes and I know there will be hard times but, I promise to grow stronger.

If you've read this far, bless your heart. Random thoughts are sometimes needed and today, they were.

Happy Wednesday to you all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment