Saturday, December 26, 2009

A very merry Christmas

(photo taken Christmas morning while making Peaunt Butter cookies)

Our first Christmas together was a wonderful day. Christmas morning started with an exciting surprise when my phone rang with Whitney's dad on the other end. He put Sister Whitney on speaker phone and we shouted back and forth to each other whilest in my kitchen (whilest Jared slept with sugar plums dancing over his head!) It was the best Christmas present. I woke Jared Christmas morning with sobs. I told him they were happy tears but, I don't think he was so sure. (me either)

Santa brought me a beautiful pearl jewelry set and camping gear! When summer comes, we'll be ready for some fun weekends in the woods!

We had four stops on Christmas day:
-Uncle Kent & Aunt Jody's with my family. We had our tradition ham & yummy potatoes (grandma's recipe)
-The Tobler's for presents, delicious food, and games.
-The Richmond's to chat about Whitney's chat.
-The Njord's (we stopped by to drop something off and ended up playing games with their family until midnight!)

At the end of the day, I was grateful for so many things. I was feeling especially grateful for family & friends. Jared and I are so blessed to have the family that we do and to know the many wonderful friends that we know.

We ended the night reading about the birth of our Savior in Luke chapter 1&2. I loved reading about John leaping for joy in Elisabeth's womb, when Mary walked into the room and spoke. I found that really significant and I love how the Savior brings joy to my life and the lives of so many.

Merry Christmas!


3 comments:

  1. looks like so much fun. those cookies look delicious. i'm glad you had a great christmas. and how awesome that you got to chat with whitney :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love reading your posts! I love photography and I think you are just amazing at it! You have a natural talent! I'm glad you had a fun Christmas! Have a Happy New Year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete