Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Big White Van


This past weekend, my Mother, my Aunt Deanne, and I headed up in an old, big, white van to Astoria, Oregon to visit my Aunt and Grandmother. Also, to bring them the beautiful van seen above. The drive was long, even though I slept for a big part of the time. When we stopped for gas, it didn't start until a prayer was said and we laughed as we decided to not turn off the car again until we got to our destination. When we finally arrived, we went to the Logger -my favorite small town restaurant for my favorite chicken taco salad!

Traditionally, the dictionaries are brought out, and Upwords is played in tournament-like fashion. This trip was no different. I've yet to win a game but, I took second place this trip. I'll take that standing proudly. Especially with my crossword loving aunts playing.

The market in Astoria is always on the agenda because my Aunt Joleen sells her artwork and jewelry there weekly. Here, I found these beautiful bouquets being sold! Can you imagine being surprised by one of these arrangements?! Husbands in the Northwest should be held to a different standard, as far as flower-giving goes.


It is no wonder that my good friend, Kristie -living in Washington, decided to be a florist.









My Aunt Joleen was nice enough to give Jared and I two original paintings for a wedding gift. This is a painting of Haystack rock in Canon Beach, Oregon. The other is of the Peter Iredale shipwreck.


1 comment: