Friday, September 24, 2010

Under Pressure

During the very beginning hours of this week, I got a call from Jared telling me that he ran out of gas.. on the freeway. When I finally arrived on the side of I-15. We quickly (let's get OFF of this dang FREEWAY!) filled up the tank with the one gallon I had just filled up. We got back in our cars and.. sat.

I called him to ask why it wasn't starting, to which he replied, "The battery is dead." I may have over-reacted but, my goodness, I was scared of being on this dang freeway! Yes, I started to cry. I'm hoping maybe some of you "cry-ers" out there can relate because Jared was beyond confused with this reaction. "Go buy the longest jumper cables you can find! No matter the cost!", I said. And so he did and yes, my life IS worth $40.

When we made it back to his abandoned car, here on this dang freeway, I was ordered to close my eyes. Oh, wonderful. Somehow, my talented husband jumped his car without the cars being "hood to hood", if you will. Which meant, we didn't have to attempt maneuvering our car backwards, on the dang freeway.

When we arrived on safe ground, at the Chevron down the street, he gave me a big hug, asked if I wanted breakfast, and life was good again.

Needless to say, I am happy it's the weekend.

Today, is Saturday for me. (I have two) I am so happy to have my weekend here. Here are some plans I have:

-visiting teaching
-lunch with my mom, aunt, and Mr.
-going to Stewart Falls
-photo shoot in the mountains
-an early Halloween dinner at a friends house
-watching the full moon from a ski lift in the mountains

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I hear you can see Jupiter tonight too. Watch for it while you're enjoying the lovely full moon! :)

    p.s.(I hate car problems too! What a pain.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally a cry baby too! My battery died at a stop light at the bottom of hill once! I just cried as I watched tonz of cars come over that hill and swerve to miss us (it was dark and our light were out) My dad over the phone was like, stop crying! lol
    I'm glad you two made it out safe :) Have fun with your weekend plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am a total cryer and would have reacted the same way. :) I am glad your day got better and you have such a fun weekend ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete