Sunday, August 30, 2009

Womenhoodly Goodness


On Saturday, I had the chance to go to a gorgeous home to celebrate my cousin, Natalie and her (soon-to-be) new baby girl, Brooklyn. When I was little and was asked who I wanted to be like .. My reply was, "Natalie." She is lovely.
I loved spending time with my mother, aunts, cousins, and women who I've never even met. We laughed together, prayed together, and ooh-ed and ahh-ed together. We laughed thinking that men would never have a party with those sort of activities but, that is the beautiful thing about women. We mourn with those who mourn and we comfort those who need to be comforted. We are special. President Uctdorf said, "I hope that my dear sisters throughout the world- grandmothers, mothers, aunts, and friends- never underestimate the power of their influence for good."


p.s. Gorgeous, isn't it? (Martha Stewart couldn't make this place look more beautiful!) Take a look! The family that live in this home are sweet, genuine, and so welcoming. And I just couldn't resist showing you these pictures..




2 comments: